North Springs Ob/Gyn
OBGYNs located in Colorado Springs, CO
You want a competent, compassionate gynecologist to care for your reproductive health for all stages of your life. North Springs Ob/Gyn offers expert gynecology care in a comfortable, friendly setting. Trust Christian J. York, MD, and Jennifer Ziegler, MPA-C, for all your gynecology needs, from routine wellness exams to menopause care. Call the office in Colorado Springs, Colorado, to schedule your appointment today.
Gynecology Q & A
What is gynecology?
Gynecology is the area of medicine focused on the care of a woman’s reproductive organs and overall pelvic health. A gynecologist is a necessary part of a woman’s health care team from adolescence until she passes through menopause and beyond.
What gynecological services are offered?
North Springs Ob/Gyn offers comprehensive gynecology services that include, but aren’t limited to:
- Women's wellness exams
- Pap smears and treatment for abnormal Pap results
- Human papillomavirus vaccines and tests
- Family planning and birth control, including Mirena® and ParaGard® intrauterine devices for birth control
- Infertility evaluation and intrauterine insemination
- Endometriosis evaluation and treatment
- Treatment for pelvic pain
- Endometrial ablation to reduce or eliminate heavy periods
- Noninvasive tubal ligation
- Menopause management, including hormone replacement therapy
- Bladder problem diagnosis and treatment
At North Springs Ob/Gyn, you can also seek support for weight loss as well as anxiety and depression. If you need a specialist for an issue such as cancer or in vitro fertilization, the team offers referrals and coordinates with any specialists.
What are common gynecological problems?
Women's wellness visits aren’t the only reason to visit a gynecologist. If you have symptoms, such as irregular uterine bleeding, leaking of urine, or pelvic pain, make an appointment at North Springs Ob/Gyn today.
Common gynecology conditions include:
- Uterine fibroids
- Ovarian cysts
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Ectopic pregnancy
If you come to the office with symptoms that suggest any of these conditions, you’ll undergo comprehensive screenings and tests, including ultrasound, blood tests, urine tests, and possibly an MRI or laparoscopic surgery.
After diagnosing your issue, the team develops a customized treatment plan for you, depending on your health history, family goals, and age.
What if I need gynecological surgery?
North Springs Ob/Gyn provides a wide variety of surgical services. They focus on minimally invasive gynecology care procedures including:
- Laparoscopic diagnostic surgery for pelvic pain and endometriosis
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Pelvic support and prolapse correction
- Incontinence treatments
- Ovarian cyst removal
Surgery is only recommended if noninvasive or more conservative treatments fail to help resolve your particular gynecological problem.
North Springs Ob/Gyn can support you for all of your gynecological needs. Call for an appointment today.